Jane K. Cristal
Give me a call…always glad to help!
I was most secure being represented by Jane Cristal, both in Court and in her detailed work on all legal documents. Jane was always accessible to me by phone and in person.
Jane Cristal has been practicing matrimonial and divorce law on Long Island and the surrounding areas since 1987. This is an attorney who will understand not only the legal, but also the economic and personal ramifications that, unlike other areas of the law, are unique to, and are of particular concern, in matrimonial and family court matters. She is committed to serving clients with professional excellence and devotion to their best interest.
Therefore, when you work with her, you can be assured that, as your attorney, Ms. Cristal is not only your advocate, but your ally and consultant as well. Ms. Cristal's wide-ranging capabilities extend to all facets of matrimonial and divorce law practice, including pre and post nuptial agreements; separation and cohabitation agreements; uncontested and contested matrimonial matters; custody and visitation disputes; child support; spousal maintenance; property distribution; mediation and collaborative law; enforcement and modification proceedings; orders of protection and grandparents rights.
Jane Cristal has developed her Firm in a way that focuses on one main goal: to resolve your issues in the most effective and efficient way possible. Ms. Cristal makes it her business to know you by discussing in detail needs, concerns and intentions. Then she brings to bear her expertise offering knowledge of the law, insight into the working of the legal system and practical solutions. Ms. Cristal's goal is not only to deal with your current crisis, but to offer long term guidance and solutions.
While Ms. Cristal is an aggressive litigator, she recognizes that sometimes the best results can be achieved more quickly and economically through a negotiated settlement. Ms. Cristal's litigation experience allows her to provide her clients with insight into weighing the risk of litigation so that the parameters of a settlement can be accurately assessed. With Ms. Cristal, you will be well represented both inside and outside the courtroom.
- College Expenses: A Legal Quagmire for Divorced Spouses, Nassau Lawyer, May 2014 (Reprinted with permission from the Nassau Lawyer).
Protecting Separate Property During Marriage and Divorce, New York Law Journal, September 2014 (Reprinted with permission from the New York Law Journal).
- “Student First” and “SUNY Cap”:College Expenses in Divorce, Nassau Lawyer, May 2015 (Reprinted with permission from the Nassau Lawyer).
The Preliminary Conference Order in Matrimonial Actions: Something’s Got to Give, Nassau Lawyer, May 2016 (Reprinted with permission from the Nassau County Bar Association).
- DRL Contempt Legislation: A Silver Lining For The Payor-Spouse?, Nassau Lawyer, May 2017
(Reprinted with permission of Nassau Lawyer).
- Facing the Impact of Facebook and Other Social Media on Discovery: The Court of Appeals Clarifies, Nassau Lawyer, May 2018 (Reprinted with permission from Nassau Lawyer).
- Death, Divorce And The Dilemma of Collecting Counsel Fees, Nassau Lawyer, May 2019 (Reprinted with permission from Nassau Lawyer).
- Phi Beta Kappa
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association
- Matrimonial Law Committee - New York State Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- Committee on Legislation
- President: Jewish Lawyers Assn of Nassau County, Inc (2 term President)
- New York State Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- Hofstra University School of Law, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- Stony Brook University, M.A.
- Queens College of CUNY, B.A.